Specialists in Pain Management, Cape Town, South Africa
Pain management is the management and treatment of chronic and acute pain.
This includes treatment of pain from diseases such as cancer, back and neck ache, shingles pain, neuropathc pain, as well as facial pain and fibromyalgia.
What does this Pain Clinic Do?
This Clinic, based in Cape Town, has a focus on both medical and interventional therapy as there is no “one size fits all” approach. Patients are carefully screened and examined so that the most appropriate and up to date treatment can be administered.
The Pain Clinic will provide you with a variety of strategies to manage your pain. Accepted scientifically based therapy will be discussed with each patient to determine which type of therapy is most appropriate for them.
What can I expect at the Pain Management Clinic?
You will be evaluated by Dr Milton Raff and a plan of care will be devised. Treatment can vary from a new prescription, to the need for an injection technique, a more advanced pain treatment or a surgical implantable device as needed.
Pain Conditions Treated at the Pain Management Clinic
Pain conditions treated include but are not limited to the following:
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic back pain including post spinal surgery syndrome, chronic lumbar radiculitis, facet syndrome, chronic spinal stenosis, and chronic sacroilitis.
- Chronic abdominal and pelvic pain including chronic pancreatitis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes (CRPS)
- Chronic neuropathic pain disorders including post herpetic neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, diabetic neuralgia, and posttraumatic neuralgia.
- Chronic myofacial pain such as fibromyalgia.
- Chronic headaches including migraines, tension, and cervicogenic headaches